[RELEASE] curl 8.1.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 08:22:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends.

I'm happy to announce another curl release. Get it as always from

   https://curl.se/

curl and libcurl 8.1.1

  Public curl releases: 218
  Command line options: 251
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 302
  Public functions in libcurl: 91
  Contributors: 2875

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o cf-socket: completely remove the disabled USE_RECV_BEFORE_SEND_WORKAROUND [12]
  o checksrc: disallow spaces before labels [16]
  o cmake: avoid `list(PREPEND)` for compatibility [24]
  o cmake: repair cross compiling [10]
  o configure: fix --help alignment [9]
  o configure: generate a script to run the compiler [11]
  o curl_easy_getinfo: clarify on return data types [15]
  o docs: document that curl_url_cleanup(NULL) is a safe no-op [4]
  o hostip: move easy_lock.h include above curl_memory.h [14]
  o http2: double http request parser max line length [8]
  o http2: increase stream window size to 10 MB [22]
  o http2: upload improvements [21]
  o lib: fix conversion warnings with gcc on macOS
  o lib: rename struct 'http_req' to 'httpreq' [23]
  o ngtcp2: fix compiler warning about possible null-deref [3]
  o ngtcp2: proper handling of uint64_t when adjusting send buffer [1]
  o os400: update chkstrings.c [2]
  o runtests: handle interrupted reads from IPC pipes
  o runtests: use the correct fd after select [20]
  o sectransp.c: make the code c89 compatible [17]
  o select: avoid returning an error on EINTR from select() or poll() [5]
  o test425: fix the log directory for the upload
  o url: provide better error message when URLs fail to parse [18]
  o urlapi: allow numerical parts in the host name [7]
  o vquic.c: make recvfrom_packets static, avoid compiler warning [6]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

Planned upcoming removals include:

  o gskit
  o NSS
  o support for space-separated NOPROXY patterns
  o support for the original legacy mingw version 1

  See https://curl.se/dev/deprecate.html for details

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

   Antoine Pitrou, Colin Cross, correctmost on github, Dan Fandrich,
   Daniel Stenberg, Emanuele Torre, Emilio Cobos Álvarez, FeignClaims on github,
   Hind Montassif, James Fuller, Jonas Bülow, Jon Rumsey,
   Keitagit-kun on Github, pandada8 on github, Pavel Kalyugin, Ray Satiro,
   Stefan Eissing, Viktor Szakats, Deal(一线灵)
   (19 contributors)

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11149
  [2] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11132
  [3] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11147
  [4] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11150