What Developers Say About libcurl
This is what some developers have said about libcurl.
- We have hundreds of emails going out every hour being sent to multiple
recipients, without curl handling it we wouldn't be able to do it quite so
smoothly at all. Our team highly appreciate the work you've put in over the many
years, curl does all we need and more.
Jeff Cohen, Lead Developer Cleaners Near Me Ltd
- We're running one of Germany's largest coupon portals
For all our backend data processing as well as for various updating jobs we're using curl via the PHP bindings. Some of the things we use the library for are:
- Downloading external data feeds
- Copying up to date coupon data via an XML feed
- Backing up uploaded media files with our own Wordpress plugin
- Andre Lungstrass, Gutscheine.org
- Curl is a awesome piece of software that makes different system talk
together seamlessly. We use it for all our backend system and for our text
expansion tool PhraseExpander.
- Andrea Nagar, Managing Director Nagarsoft, maker of PhraseExpander
- XonaSoftware's product,
Situate, focuses on IT process automation. Our unique application of workflow
technology allows IT process to be modeled graphically from a palette of tasks
that do the heavy lifting. We use libcurl to move files as part of our
managed file transfer. We also use libcurl to automate interactions with
websites, listen for incoming mail, etc. libcurl is an incredible,
well-designed product. It's exceptionally flexible and very easy to use.
- Mike Mazzolini, Founder, XonaSoftware, Inc.
- I'm a professional C++ PC and console game developer and Libcurl is my
go-to library when I want to communicate with a web service for cloud or
web based game features. Libcurl has allowed me to implement game side
communication in platform independent ways at several well known game
development studios. The features I've used Libcurl to implement include:
- Sharing user generated content
- Pushing and pulling content and data between games and web services in real time
- Implementing web community features that draw on data from in game
- Granting players in game rewards, (for out of game actions)
- Most importantly, Libcurl has allowed me to provide business intelligence groups with data that could be used to drive business decisions to help maximize profits for several companies I have worked for in the past 10 years
Libcurl is mature, reliable, and easy to use. It is definitely a tool every serious game developer should have in their tool chest.
- Alan Wolfe, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment
- Thank for libcurl, it is awesome!
Our product, GDocsDrive, employs libcurl for all the HTTP communication with Google cloud storage through Google Document List API. And libcurl is proven to be very robust and powerful in our programming experience, especially in a multi-thread environment. Actually, before we decided to use libcurl as the HTTP library for your project, we struggled a lot on choosing between libcurl and WinInet. Today I would say that we are happy and lucky that we eventually choose libcurl. Libcurl works for all different http requests and the callback function mechanism really makes the code neat and comfortable to write. It saves us lots of programming effort.
Thanks again for the great job!
- Jerry Wang, Founder of GDocsDrive team
- Thanks for libcurl library, we use it for several backend processes in
our infrastructure for our european online shop Compredia.eu. Now we have a perfect
communication between customers, shops and several kind of suppliers with help
- Philipp v. d. Born, Compredia GmbH
- libcurl is a robust and easy to use tool for scripting web interaction
and it provides all the core functionality needed in the testing tool of our
- Jani Kajala, CTO, Kajala Group Ltd.
- I am using libcurl as the backend of my news notification program
which provides popups of new news via rss feeds. I have to say libcurl has
been the easiest thing to use that I've seen, and I will continue to use it in
later versions of my applications. Kudos to the developers!
- Don Neumann News notification
- We have found libcurl to be an important cornerstone in many of our
applications, which need to run on a variety of platforms. Its solid
reliability, simple API, and excellent mailing list support made it an easy
choice for us.
- Jonathan Arnold inSORS
- libcurl allows us to build next generation Internet applications
without worrying about the Internet. libcurl elegantly and reliable handles
all of our uploading and downloading so we can worry about creating great new
- Matt Veenstra tribalmedia
- The Blue Frog application uses
a libcurl based HTTP client engine (with Zlib and OpenSSL), that is
scriptable through Lua scripts using an internally developed glue
library. Libcurl proved to be a solid solution with excellent support and a
lively community of developers. The high level interface is feature rich,
easy to use and well documented (!). During our debugging sessions we noticed
that code is well written and is open for enhancements. Definitely a safe bet
when it comes to HTTP client libraries.
- Shmulik Regev
- UnrealIRCd makes use of libcurl
to allow chat network administrators to store their configurations in a
central location and retrieve them securely using both HTTPS and FTPS
protocols. Libcurl made the integration of this feature fast and easy by
allowing minimal changes to the internal structure of our code. Libcurl has
also been beneficial to us since it is under constant development and the
developers are most certainly open to suggestions from us, as well as
others. We look forward to seeing where libcurl will go in the future, and to
finding new ways to make use of libcurl!
- Dominick "codemastr" Meglio
- Making use of libcurl its easily possible to integrate web services
like ebay (please see ebay codebase) or google .. into your client
programs for your desktop. It also fits fine within the platform
independent programming Qt Toolkit made by Trolltech AS.
- Roland Mundloch, near Munich Germany.
- focuseek searchbox takes
advantage of curl to crawl HTTP, HTTPS and FTP sites both on intranets and on
the internet. curl is really solid and stable, provides a multithreaded api
and is compatible with the many quirks of servers "as seen in the
wild". Moreover it supports a lot of platforms, is really easy to use and,
last but not least, its developers are competent and willing to help.
- Michele Bini, Florence, Italy
- Thanks a lot for a very useful library! (soooo much more stable and powerful than widely used alternatives, it's not even funny! Helped me tremendously in getting net transfers just right)
- libcurl has proven itself as a mature, robust library that presents a
clear interface on top of an efficient and rock-solid
implementation. Integrating libcurl with Sidewinder was a
straightforward, painless task made even easier by the presence of an
excellent and helpful online community.
- Phil Booth, webBackplane
If you want to add your sentiments here, please mail curl-web and open your heart!