[RELEASE] 7.88.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:40:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi friends,

Here is a quick follow-up release, primarily due to a data corruption bug we
found. As always, download curl from:

   https://curl.se/

curl and libcurl 7.88.1

  Public curl releases: 214
  Command line options: 250
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 302
  Public functions in libcurl: 91
  Contributors: 2818

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o build-openssl.bat: keep OpenSSL 3 engine binaries [20]
  o cmake: fix Windows check for CryptAcquireContext [21]
  o connnect: fix timeout handling to use full duration [4]
  o curl: make --silent work stand-alone [15]
  o curl_setup: Suppress OpenSSL 3 deprecation warnings [19]
  o CURLOPT_WS_OPTIONS.3: fix the availability version [23]
  o GHA: update rustls dependency to 0.9.2 [24]
  o http2: buffer/pausedata and output flush fix. [9]
  o http2: set drain on stream end [8]
  o http: include stdint.h more readily [6]
  o krb5: silence cast-align warning [10]
  o lib1560: add IPv6 canonicalization tests [27]
  o os400: correct Curl_os400_sendto() [13]
  o remote-header-name.d: mention that filename* is not supported [22]
  o runtests: fix "uninitialized value $port" [1]
  o setopt: allow HTTP3 when HTTP2 is not defined [12]
  o socketpair: allow EWOULDBLOCK when reading the pair check bytes [17]
  o socks: allow using DoH to resolve host names [16]
  o tests-httpd: add proxy tests [14]
  o tests: make sure gnuserv-tls has SRP support before using it [2]
  o tests: make the telnet server shut down a socket gracefully [7]
  o tool_getparam: make --get a true boolean [5]
  o tool_operate: allow debug builds to set buffersize [3]
  o urlapi: do the port number extraction without using sscanf() [11]
  o urldata: remove `now` from struct SingleRequest - not needed [26]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

Planned upcoming removals include:

  o gskit
  o NSS
  o support for space-separated NOPROXY patterns
  o support for systems without 64 bit data types

  See https://curl.se/dev/deprecate.html for details

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

   ALittleDruid on github, Christian Hesse, Daniel Stenberg,
   fundawang on github, Gunamoi Software, Harry Sintonen, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews,
   Jon Rumsey, Karthikdasari0423 on github, Kevin Ryan, Marcel Raad,
   Michael Kaufmann, Philip Heiduck, Pierrick Charron, Ray Satiro,
   roughtex on github, Stefan Eissing, u20221022 on github, $B_at_QC0Ft(J Dan Jacobson
   (19 contributors)

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=10518
  [2] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=10522
  [3] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=10532
  [4] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=10514