Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Increase in CPU usage in 8.7.1 vs 8.6.0 for rate-limited downloads

From: Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 18:36:36 +0000

That basically means that you are asking for a new feature (i.e. build option etc), which would allow you to sacrifice speed limit precision but will limit CPU usage during throttling.

For my use cases, it is not an option I would like to use – I need to have a quite precise speed limit for my application (which both 8.7.1 and 7.84 provide) and somewhat higher CPU usage price for a precision is not an issue for me.

Thanks,
Dmitry Karpov