Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Increase in CPU usage in 8.7.1 vs 8.6.0 for rate-limited downloads

From: David Pfitzner via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 17:30:28 +0930

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 4:57 AM Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <
curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> I think that CPU usage with this commit should be compared to previous
> releases, like 7.84.0, which had a quite precise speed limit.

I had a look at curl version 7.84.0, and indeed it does appear very similar
to 8.7.1, both in terms of rate-limiting accuracy and CPU usage. But that
does not change that I would ideally like more control over the tradeoff
between CPU usage and rate-limiting accuracy.

-- David