Re: HTTPS traffic much slower after upgrade from 7.85.0 to 7.87.0

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 11:26:09 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2023, Stephan Mühlstrasser via curl-library wrote:

> I'm attempting to upgrade libcurl in an application from 7.85.0 to 7.87.0.
> When I run tests against an internal test server, I see a major slowdown for
> HTTPS connections. It is worst when proxies are involved, but I see also a
> slowdown without proxies.

Yes, we are already aware of this regression and several fixes have been
landed in git to address this. Actually to the level that in our tests, git
master is much faster to first byte received than ever before (as far as I
have verified in my tests at least).

It would be helpful if you could verify that the slowdown is gone for you as
well if you build and test with current git master.

This regression happened because we don't do regular performance tests, and as
everything still kept working, albeit too slowly, we did not notice this in
time before the release! :-O