Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Guidance on monitoring connection open/close with CURLM API

From: Cao Duc Quan via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 07:57:33 -0700

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the explanation.
To conclude:
- If the easy handle is not used with CURLM, the connection will be closed
when we call curl_easy_cleanup() so I could say connection lifetime is the
same as easy handle lifetime.
- If the easy handle is used with CURLM, the connection lifetime will be
longer than the easy handle. If we set the
CURLOPT_CLOSESOCKETFUNCTION/CURLOPT_CLOSESOCKETDATA
to easy handle, the callback could be invoked after the easy handle is
destroyed (afte invoke curl_easy_cleanup()).