Re: Goal: for every setopt, have at least one stand-alone example

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 21:18:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> This would be really useful for some of the more complicated options that
> interact with callbacks or other options in order to work properly. But does
> it really add anything to have a standalone example for, e.g.
> CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV? It's just a boolean that's either set or it isn't,
> and a standalone example program doesn't show what effect it has or how it
> helps.

For those options the added value is of course not a lot, but those options
are also very easy to include in an example so it's not such a big burden to
use somewhere.

I think it still has value to show options used in "real" contexts -
compileable code - as compared to the smaller snippets in the man pages.