Re: On more stable curl releases

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 23:47:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> - Increase the post-release ("cool down") margin before we open the feature
> window. We currently have it 5 days, we could double it to 10 days. That
> would then reduce the feature window with the same amount of days leaving
> us with 18 days to merge features.

I did not spot any complaints on that suggestion so I figure we should move in
that direction.

Another adjustment to the cycle I think we can do is to even out the feature
window and the feature freeze periods a little. A full three weeks for new
features:

Like this:

RELEASE (on a Wednesday)

  10 days cool down (possiblity to decide to do a patch release)

FEATURE WINDOW (assuming nothing bad disturbed the peace)

  21 days

BUG-FIX PERIOD

  25 days of no new features/changes

RELEASE (on a Wednesday)