Re: Parallel curl testing project

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 11:11:30 -0700

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 01:24:18PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> You can run particular self tests rather than the entire test suite.

The problem is, I'm changing the test suite itself so I need to run everything
to get a better chance of hitting the edge cases. Stefan is similarly working
on low-level connection code that affects most (if not all) of the protocols,
so he's doing the same. I particularly like the keyword method of choosing
tests when I can, so if I'm modifying the POP3 code, selecting test "POP3"
lets the test harness choose all the relevant tests for me instead of having to
think about it. But, if I'm working fixing a specific bug, giving a test number
is definitely the way to go.