Re: url.c: read IE proxy settings on Windows?

From: David Woodhouse via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:12:35 +0100

On Wed, 2022-05-25 at 23:52 +0200, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> We don't have any "figure out the system proxy" logic for any platform in
> libcurl. It has been discussed in the past and we've seem some attempts at
> having a go at it but it has never materialized and I'm not convinced it is
> something libcurl needs.

I did offer a patch to use libproxy at one point.

https://curl.se/mail/lib-2016-07/0074.html

The libproxy API is sane and simple, and although the original libproxy
kind of jumped the shark and turned into a C++ monstrosity, it *does*
correctly pick up proxy setting on multiple platforms.

There's also an alternative implementation that ships with PacRunner,
which *just* asks the PacRunner dæmon for the answer.