Re: Which PRs should we merge?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:01:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2022, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> Frankly I think that's a fine reason to reject things. Sometimes there just
> isn't enough feedback and none of us are particularly excited about it.

There are times when the PR seems fine and I'm on the fence about it. I would
prefer to have a more organized way to handle them. And a way for everyone to
find those PRs and chime in on them.

Let me give you three current examples:

  "Implement the ManageSieve protocol (RFC 5804)"
  https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/7491

  "CURLOPT_SSH_HOSTKEY_FUNCTION"
  https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/7959

  "HTTP/2 stream window options"
  https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/8263

> I don't think a formal 5 user vote system is a good way to get more
> feedback on a PR but I do think we can make it better with more exposure
> that a PR needs user feedback.

Okay, so maybe still use the "needs-votes" label but without the thumbs-up
concept and instead insist that people speak up in support of it?