Re: infinite "easy_transfer function" wait loop

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:33:48 -0500

On 2/8/2022 2:32 AM, Lilia Boneva via curl-library wrote:
> It seems I was not set google drive link properly. Now should be OK (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdMSBS9fZPBW4WoMJ4qgHIeB01h46d4V/view?usp=sharing). Also thank you for links and winsock info.
>
> I will try making working code to share (now not so easy because the secure requests use private data).
> I will also try release version (like Mr. Dmitry Karpov suggested) and other curl versions, because 7.77 for example runs >5 days before infinite loop (7.81 less than a day)
> Thank you for suggesting ideas toward solutionHave a nice day

When you say libcurl loops infinitely, are you aware that by default it
will wait forever for a reply and are you saying that something is
happening different from that behavior? I watched that video and I don't
see anything unusual. It looks as though you have called
curl_easy_perform and libcurl is waiting for a reply from
api.kraken.com. There is nothing unusual about that unless it's eating
CPU rather than waiting the 1 second between polls when nothing is
available to read. Enable verbose mode [1], or try the debug function
[2], or look into timeout options [3].

[1]: https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_VERBOSE.html
[2]: https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION.html
[3]: https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_TIMEOUT.html