Re: A CI job inventory

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:22:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi again.

The revised idea is to produce a script that parses all existing CI service
config scripts and outputs data about all jobs in a way that will allow us to
make some sort of overview of all jobs.

All CI config files are done in yaml, but they're all different yaml and they
also been created by different people at different times.

Here's my first take at ./scripts/cijobs.pl:

   https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/8408

Attached is the output from an invocation right now. It includes all 99 builds
currently controlled by files in git:

  - I found a mistake that reduced the actual total count from 100 to 99
  - we run a few CI jobs that are controlled entirely on github and that can't
    be counted/parsed by this script - things like the lgtm and lift code
    analyzers.

There are definately details left to improve. This is an early first shot.