Re: infinite wait loop (https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/4135 related)

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 09:31:42 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022, Lilia Boneva via curl-library wrote:

> Today I installed new 7.81 version (hoping for fixed issue) , but the system
> went into infinite loop at same place after 4 hours.

> Is there a way to minimise the possiblility of infinite loop ?

First, I would be very careful with drawing the conclusion that this is the
same thing reported in #4135. At least you need to provide detailed info from
your case first that show this with a higher degree of certainty than just
now.

Which protocol? Is this HTTP/1.1 or HTTP/2? Are you doing multiple request in
parallel och do you do them serially? (which then also answers: how many
connections are being used) When it "hangs", what's the status of the most
recently done transfers? Are they done, are they in the middle, are they just
about to start?

Since we don't know exactly what you're seeing or what kind of bug or not you
experience, it is impossible to suggest work-arounds. Sure you can randomly
try various things, but that then becomes blind shots in the dark.