Re: libcurl multi timeout after IP or routing table changes

From: Silas via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:38:47 -0300

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 08:20:31AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I don't think it's related to TLS. If it was, you should be able to repro
> using HTTPS using HTTP/1.1 as well. I rather suspect it is about HTTP/2 and
> that each transfer is a stream inside a connection, so a failed transfer
> only kills that stream and not the connection.

Indeed! When I force HTTP version to 1.1 (with CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1) I don't
observe the problem anymore. It can reconnect to the server even though I change
IP and the routing table.

> When you spot the problem with HTTP/2. Are the three transfers to the same
> host? Are they perhaps even using the same connection?

Yes, I'm testing against https://example.com . I don't know how I can check if
they are using the same connection.

Is this HTTP 2 specific thing a bug? Should I open an issue in the bug tracker
or is this email thread enough?

For me the problem is solved, since, for my needs, HTTP 1.1 is OK.

Thanks again.