Re: libcurl multi timeout after IP or routing table changes

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:59:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022, Silas wrote:

>> When you spot the problem with HTTP/2. Are the three transfers to the same
>> host? Are they perhaps even using the same connection?
>
> Yes, I'm testing against https://example.com . I don't know how I can check
> if they are using the same connection.

The verbose output should give enough clues.

Did all the three initial transfers return error (due to the network change)
before you tried to do a new transfer again? Or do you retry before all the
three initial transfers have had the time to fail? It's an important
distinction due to how the internals work.

> Is this HTTP 2 specific thing a bug?

I believe it is a bug, yes.

> Should I open an issue in the bug tracker or is this email thread enough?

Generally I think filing an issue is a good thing as it makes sure we don't
forget about it. This said, if you're not suffering from the problem anymore
it also risks just ending up a filed issue without "a victim" and such issues
tend to not get a lot of focus simply because there's nobody hurting,
screaming for a fix.