Re: Custom resolve of Address

From: Marcel via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:14:44 +0100

Hey Dan,

On 22.11.21 20:54, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:
> Is the problem that the name doesn't resolve at all or resolves incorrectly?

Unfortunately the first case. My device does not have internet access
and we would like to use the modem to send maintenance data to a server.
> If the former, I would think you could just extract the host name from the URL using the
> curl_url API and populate the DNS cache after resolving the name yourself.

That sounds like a good solution. I'll try that tomorrow.
> There are a few boundary cases (redirects, certificate revocation checks,
> proxies, etc.) with this approach but the simple cases should work fine.

Because I control the server, that should be good :)

Thanks for your answer!

Would you think extending the CURL API to allow my usecase would be a
good idead?

Regards,
Marcel