Re: libcurl users on Windows?

From: Gisle Vanem via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:16:28 +0100

Jeroen Ooms wrote:

> I started writing instructions for building mingw-w64 binaries with
> msys2, which is what we also use for the R project:
> https://github.com/bagder/everything-curl/pull/163
>
> These are pretty minimal instructions (msys2 is a pretty advanced
> build system), but it would be interesting to hear from Windows users
> if you were able to get started using these instructions, or if/where
> you got stuck.

Using VCPKG [1] is not mentioned. 'libcurl' is already
there with several combinations of features (but SChannel
only it seems). A 'vcpkg.exe list curl' gives:

   curl:x64-windows 7.79.1 A library for transferring data with URLs
   curl:x86-windows 7.79.1 A library for transferring data with URLs
   curl[non-http]:x64-windows Enables protocols beyond HTTP/HTTPS/HTTP2
   curl[non-http]:x86-windows Enables protocols beyond HTTP/HTTPS/HTTP2
   curl[schannel]:x64-windows SSL support (Secure Channel)
   curl[schannel]:x86-windows SSL support (Secure Channel)
   curl[ssl]:x64-windows Default SSL backend
   curl[ssl]:x86-windows Default SSL backend
   curl[sspi]:x64-windows SSPI support
   curl[sspi]:x86-windows SSPI support

Building 'libcurl.dll' for 'x64' is easy as
   vcpkg.exe install curl:x64-windows

(using cmake and ninja). But building 'curl.exe' is
missing from VCPKG.

[1] Microsoft's Library manager at:
    https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/

--