Re: libcurl users on Windows?

From: Jeroen Ooms via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 13:41:26 +0100

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 2:04 PM Daniel Stenberg via curl-library
<curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have this blank section [*] in "everything curl" that is *supposed* to help
> users learn how to get libcurl for Windows (as an alterantive to building it
> yourself from source).
>
> Can I please get input on the best ways to do this? A few different methods
> are also perfectly fine - all in an effort to help guide (future) users.

I started writing instructions for building mingw-w64 binaries with
msys2, which is what we also use for the R project:
https://github.com/bagder/everything-curl/pull/163

These are pretty minimal instructions (msys2 is a pretty advanced
build system), but it would be interesting to hear from Windows users
if you were able to get started using these instructions, or if/where
you got stuck.

Jeroen