Re: Cookie storage customization?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:29:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021, Isaac Jurado wrote:

> If someone submits a contribution to add callbacks that allow replacing the
> internal cookie store/retrieve functionality, what are the chances of such
> feature being accepted?

If done carefully and correctly, I would say that the chances are good. But
I'm not saying this is entirely easy.

I think the biggest problem with this approach is that you basically end up
side-stepping libcurl's cookie logic completely and then the application will
be responsible for almost the entire cookie logic. This is very error-prone
since cookie handling is very complicated and it risks ending up with end
users not quite understanding who owns the problem and application authors
creating broken applications and blaming curl for it...