Re: Cookie storage customization?

From: Isaac Jurado via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:55:58 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 2:33 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> I don't know if that's a reasonable goal, but I do know that replacing the
> external storage isn't going to achieve what you've asked for.
>
> You seem to want to replace the *internal* cookie storage with something
> external, so that several independent processes would read/write to that
> new
> thing when deciding what cookies to send and when storing new cookies that
> arrive over the network.
>
> A common way to offer such funtionality would be to provide callbacks that
> replace the internal store/retrieve cookie functionality, and then let the
> application sort out the details of how that should be implemented...

Exactly. And this brings me back to my original question in this thread:

If someone submits a contribution to add callbacks that allow replacing the
internal cookie store/retrieve functionality, what are the chances of such
feature being accepted?

Best regards.

--
Isaac Jurado
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding"