Re: Cookie storage customization?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:33:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021, Isaac Jurado wrote:

> But my use of SQLite did in fact drift me away from the key point. I
> thought that the right "generalization" would be to add extension points to
> write custom cookie storage. But I never considered making a "share handle"
> work across processes, because I didn't think it was a reasonable goal.

I don't know if that's a reasonable goal, but I do know that replacing the
external storage isn't going to achieve what you've asked for.

You seem to want to replace the *internal* cookie storage with something
external, so that several independent processes would read/write to that new
thing when deciding what cookies to send and when storing new cookies that
arrive over the network.

A common way to offer such funtionality would be to provide callbacks that
replace the internal store/retrieve cookie functionality, and then let the
application sort out the details of how that should be implemented...