Re: SCHANNEL failing in 7.77 when it worked in 7.74

From: Joel DePooter via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 16:02:09 -0700

Are you using libcurl with http2 enabled? If so, this sounds exactly like
the issue fixed in this change:
https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/7138

I submitted that fix shortly after the 7.77 release. If this is indeed the
solution to your problem, you will need to either wait for the 7.78
release, or manually patch your build with this change. It's a very simple
change, so patching your build should be easy. An alternative solution
would be to remove nghttp2 from your build, thus disabling http/2 and
avoiding this problem.

The difference in behaviour between your executable and the other process
is likely due to the application manifest. On Windows, http/2 is only
enabled if the executable manifest contains the right compatibility flags.
The default curl executable does not include any manifest, so http/2 is not
enabled. The other executable is likely built with a manifest which enabled
http/2. I have been meaning to look into including the appropriate manifest
flags in the curl.exe build when I have some time for a project like that.

-Joel Depooter