[RELEASE] curl and libcurl 8.2.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:19:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends!

I'm happy to announce that I just packaged, signed and uploaded curl 8.2.1.
Get it as always from https://curl.se/

curl and libcurl 8.2.1

  Public curl releases: 221
  Command line options: 255
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 303
  Public functions in libcurl: 91
  Contributors: 2927

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o amigaos: fix sys/mbuf.h m_len macro clash [9]
  o amissl: add missing signal.h include [8]
  o amissl: fix AmiSSL v5 detection [2]
  o cfilters: rename close/connect functions to avoid clashes [12]
  o ciphers.d: put URL in first column [1]
  o cmake: add `libcurlu`/`libcurltool` for unit tests [5]
  o cmake: update ngtcp2 detection [4]
  o configure: check for nghttp2_session_get_stream_local_window_size [14]
  o CONTRIBUTE: drop mention of copyright year ranges [20]
  o CONTRIBUTE: fix syntax in commit message description [21]
  o curl_multi_wait.3: fix arg quoting to doc macro .BR [27]
  o docs: mark two TLS options for TLS, not SSL [26]
  o docs: provide more see also for cipher options [23]
  o hostip: return IPv6 first for localhost resolves [16]
  o http2: fix regression on upload EOF handling [13]
  o http: VLH, very large header test and fixes [19]
  o libcurl-errors.3: add CURLUE_OK [11]
  o os400: correct EXPECTED_STRING_LASTZEROTERMINATED [7]
  o quiche: fix lookup of transfer at multi [18]
  o quiche: fix segfault and other things [15]
  o rustls: update rustls-ffi 0.10.0 [24]
  o socks: print ipv6 address within brackets [10]
  o src/mkhelp: strip off escape sequences [22]
  o tool: fix tool_seek_cb build when SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T > SIZEOF_OFF_T [17]
  o transfer: do not clear the credentials on redirect to absolute URL [6]
  o unittest: remove unneeded *_LDADD [3]
  o websocket: rename arguments/variables to match docs [25]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

Planned upcoming removals include:

  o gskit
  o NSS
  o support for space-separated NOPROXY patterns
  o support for the original legacy mingw version 1

  See https://curl.se/dev/deprecate.html for details

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

   Aleksander Mazur, Alois Klink, Andrei Rybak, Brad Harder,
   Chilledheart on github, Christian Schmitz, Cloudogu Siebels, Daniel Stenberg,
   Harry Sintonen, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, Jan Macku, John Haugabook, Jon Rumsey,
   Oliver Roberts, Paul Howarth, Stefan Eissing, VictorVG on github,
   Viktor Szakats, Yair Lenga, ウ瘢雹さん
   (20 contributors)

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11464
  [2] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11477
  [3] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11494
  [4] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=11508