Re: New CA extract _at_ https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html ?

From: Yann Droneaud via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:20:17 +0100

Hi,

Le 14/12/2021 à 10:53, Daniel Stenberg a écrit :
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2021, Yann Droneaud via curl-users wrote:
>
>> I didn't find any sort of announcement for new Mozilla root store
>> extract that is made available at https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html
>>
>> When an extract does take place ?
>
> As explained on the page, "This service checks for updates every day".
>
> Within 24 hours of Mozilla updating their root store on their servers,
> the CA extract page will feature the new certs.

It's been 16 hours since certdata.txt was updated yesterday. I'm
probably a bit over impatient :)

https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss/log/59d0003f4bded4ff89cccbd984cef108380b9c14/lib/ckfw/builtins/certdata.txt

Is there a fixed time at which the service check for update ?

>> Is it scheduled / tied to Mozilla NSS / Mozilla Firefox releases ?
>
> Not at all. I've deliberately decided to not even try, so that the
> script and our site are completely unaware and independent of their
> releases etc. The script just checks for updates, daily. If there's
> new data available, it gets converted into a new PEM file.

I believe it might be useful for an announcement to be posted on the
user mailing list.

> We recently passed our seventeenth anniversary for this service!

Thanks a lot for the mk-ca-bundle.pl script !

--
Yann Droneaud
OPTEYA