Re: New CA extract _at_ https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:53:04 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021, Yann Droneaud via curl-users wrote:

> I didn't find any sort of announcement for new Mozilla root store extract
> that is made available at https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html
>
> When an extract does take place ?

As explained on the page, "This service checks for updates every day".

Within 24 hours of Mozilla updating their root store on their servers, the CA
extract page will feature the new certs.

> Is it scheduled / tied to Mozilla NSS / Mozilla Firefox releases ?

Not at all. I've deliberately decided to not even try, so that the script and
our site are completely unaware and independent of their releases etc. The
script just checks for updates, daily. If there's new data available, it gets
converted into a new PEM file.

We recently passed our seventeenth anniversary for this service!