Re: New CA extract _at_ https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:35:11 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021, Yann Droneaud wrote:

> It's been 16 hours since certdata.txt was updated yesterday. I'm probably a
> bit over impatient :)
>
> https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss/log/59d0003f4bded4ff89cccbd984cef108380b9c14/lib/ckfw/builtins/certdata.txt

The file was updated it appears, yes, but it doesn't seem to generate any
different PEM output! The script only cares for when the PEM file actually
changes - by comparing the sha256sum of the outputs.

When I go to the web UI for the mozilla mercurial repo at
https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/file/tip/security/nss/lib/ckfw/builtins,
I can't see any content changes done on December 13 2021.

> Is there a fixed time at which the service check for update ?

I will not guarantee that it will keep running on this particular time
forever. Right now, it runs at 04:12 UTC every day.

>> The script just checks for updates, daily. If there's new data available,
>> it gets converted into a new PEM file.
>
> I believe it might be useful for an announcement to be posted on the user
> mailing list.

That could be a cool thing, yes. But doesn't it already exist fine services
that can send you an email when a webpage changes? For example
https://www.followthatpage.com/