Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Libcurl rebuild using Visual Studio

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 13:53:24 -0400

On 6/27/2024 8:48 AM, JT, Srinivas (External) via curl-library wrote:

> Could you please confirm whether
> *Visual Studio 2010 SP1* can be used for rebuilding libcurl 8.8.0
> along with
> openssl 3.3.1 and libssh2 1.11.0.
>
> We are also using Nasm-2.11.06 , Zlib-1.2.3-lib,
> ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86 for openssl.

Yes, you can still build libcurl using Visual Studio 2010 but you may
not be able to use your preferred build method. Pre-generated project
files (projects\Windows\VC10) and winbuild (winbuild\README.md) build
methods still work for VS 2010.

One pregenerated project configuration that I think would interest you
is 'DLL Release - DLL OpenSSL - DLL LibSSH2'. I have a computer that I
still use the 'DLL Debug - DLL OpenSSL' configuration to build and debug
libcurl with OpenSSL 3.0.x in Visual Studio 2010 and it works fine.
Pregenerated projects are for old versions of Visual Studio and are
pretty basic, kind of like a template. They do not enable HTTP/2 by
default and you may need to change the dependent library paths.