Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Collection of feature requests from the Debian side

From: Samuel Henrique via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 22:19:00 +0100

Hello Daniel,

> > 2) curl CLI: allow multiple URLs for "-C/--continue-at - <URL>" (in a single
> > command)
>
> Separate them with --next and it should work?

I wasn't aware of this option, it does look like it would work out perfectly.
I'll try it out but for now you can assume this feature request is irrelevant.

> > Going even further, allowing the user to also set "-#, --progress-bar" on
> > top of it all would be nice.
>
> You mean with parallel transfers or with -C ? How is -# not working now?

Both, I was trying to say with both parallel transfers and -C. I have to try it
out with --next now and see if it works (since I didn't know it was possible).

> > 3) curl CLI: allow both -C/--continue-at and -J/--remote-header-name to be set
>
> This would require curl to first do a HEAD request to figure out what the
> final destination name is supposed to be, check the size of the local file and
> then do a second "real" request that can include the Range: header.
>
> Possible for sure, just a little complicated and a two-shot combo that we
> don't do for anything else in the tool.

Right, I thought maybe --remote-time would do something similar but I've looked
at the code and it doesn't, I understand if you would prefer to not have this.

Cheers,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>