RE: Building libcurl (not the commandline tool) with cmake

From: Marcel Raad via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 15:08:05 +0000

Hi Mike,

> Sent: Wednesday, 21 June 2023 00:36
> Subject: Building libcurl (not the commandline tool) with cmake
>
> The file "docs/INSTALL.cmake" mentions that it's currently not
> possible to build libcurl with cmake and disable specific protocols.
> We only need HTTP/S right now, so is there no way? We're trying to
> keep our binary as small as possible, so building without FTP, IMAP,
> etc., would be helpful.

That documentation looks wrong. I think what you want is HTTP_ONLY:
https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/curl-8_1_2/CMakeLists.txt#L227

Best regards,

Marcel Raad
Principal Software Engineer

TeamViewer Germany GmbH  * Bahnhofsplatz 2 * 73033 Göppingen * Germany
Commercial Register: Ulm HRB 534075
Managing Directors: Oliver Steil (CEO), Michael Wilkens (CFO), Peter Turner (CCO)