Preventing curl's configure from auto detecting libraries

From: Harry Sarson via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:33:11 +0000

Hi,

I am building curl from source and would like curl to _only_ include dependancies I explicitly
provide. This is to prevent a) curl from dynamically linking against some library that be present at
build time but not at run time and b) to help me keep on top of the shipped code (if I include some
library I may have to add its license info etc).

My current best approach is to go through the `./configure` script and manually add `--without-xxx`
or `--disable-xxx` for every optional dependancy I find. This works, it stops curl from
auto-detecting anything. However, this is a painstaking process and also brittle as a future curl
release may add a new optional library and auto-detect it.

I have been searching for a `--without-everything` option that would then let me (explicitly) turn
back on any dependancies I do want. Does such an option exist? Or is there anyother way to prevent
curl autodetecting depenancies on my build system.

Thanks!
Harry