Re: On more stable curl releases

From: Jeremy Nicoll via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 09:47:51 +0000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023, at 08:17, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> So, how about this for adjusted release cycle and release management:
>
> - Increase the post-release ("cool down") margin before we open the feature
> window. We currently have it 5 days, we could double it to 10 days. That
> would then reduce the feature window with the same amount of days leaving
> us with 18 days to merge features.

I think that's definitely a good idea. An advantage of 10 days is that it always
spans one weekend whereas five days might - with poor luck - not include
any non weekday days.

Quite a lot of people - even in this always online world - would be more likely
to find time to test a new release during the upcoming weekend, but have no
chance of doing it on a working day/night.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.