Re: Drop support for building with mingw v1?

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 10:20:51 -0800

On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 05:51:07PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> Today I fell into an issue with PR #10651 where everything builds fine,
> execpt on Windows with mingw v1.
>
> There's really nothing unusual with that while working on a PR, but this
> time it struck that I should at least ask the question:
>
> Can we drop support for building with mingw v1?

Is this from msys (not msys2)? The job configuration hints at it. My
understanding is that msys is well and truly obsolete and I doubt anyone would
notice if it were dropped. Additionally, it uses gcc 9.2 which is 4 years old
and no longer supported upstream. But, I'm far from a Windows toolchain subject
expert.