RE: [Help Requested] Test Differences on 64-bit vs. 32-bit NonStop

From: Randall via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 11:34:08 -0400

On September 11, 2022 5:07 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Sep 2022, rsbecker_at_nexbridge.com wrote:
>
>> With that, the stack trace on SIGSEGV is:
>>
>> Process (2,981) received non-deferrable signal SIGSEGV (number: 11)
>> (xInspect 2,981):bt
>> #0 0xfffffffff11d9ccc in memcpyHP ()
>> #1 0xfffffffff11ddb74 in memcpy ()
>> #2 0x7fe26435 in ossl_cipher_fillblock (buf=<value optimized out>,
>> buflen=<value optimized out>, blocksize=<value optimized out>,
>> in=0x6fffee10, inlen=<value optimized out>)
>> at
>> /home/ituglib/randall/openssl-3.0/providers/implementations/ciphers/ci
>> pherco
>> mmon_block.c:68
>
>This is deeeeep inside of OpenSSL.
>
>> #14 0x7fd24dd8 in RAND_status ()
>> at /home/ituglib/randall/openssl-3.0/crypto/rand/rand_lib.c:300
>> #15 0x700ea82d in rand_enough ()
>
>rand_enough() calls RAND_status(), which is a public OpenSSL function. All
the
>previous stack levels are inside OpenSSL. This looks very much like an
OpenSSL
>problem to me.
>
>RAND_status() does not even have an argument, it cannot be used wrongly
>AFAIK.

Well, that pointed clearly at the issue. The build was done using OpenSSL
3.0.4. When moving to 3.0.5, virtually everything passed except:

TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 1119 1167

1119 failed (not a new breakage) because the script tried to run CC without
taking into account the supplied options from Configure, specifically
CFLAGS="-c99" is supplied, so using c89 is a bit wonky:

c89: error: Invalid input file extension"./../include/curl/curl.h".

The same error happened in 1167.

1451 also failed because impacket is not installed (nor can I install it),
but it was not listed as a failure:

Python package impacket needs to be installed!
Use pip or your package manager to install it.
== Contents of files in the log/ dir after test 1451
Python package impacket needs to be installed!
Use pip or your package manager to install it.
... snip
Python package impacket needs to be installed!
Use pip or your package manager to install it.
== Contents of files in the log/ dir after test 1451
RUN: failed to start the SMB server

In any event, this is now considered acceptable. Thanks for the pointers. I
would like to get 1119 and 1167 resolved but there is no urgency on those.

Regards,
Randall