RE: [Help Requested] Test Differences on 64-bit vs. 32-bit NonStop

From: Randall via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 18:19:56 -0400

On September 10, 2022 5:38 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, Randall via curl-library wrote:
>
>> I'm having some difficulties trying to build curl in 64 bits (big
>> endian) on NonStop. It works fine, with only 3 minor issues in 32-bit
>> but when compiling for 64-bit, a whole bunch of issues come up:
>
>Curious. Is this a new regression? I mean, did previous versions of curl
did any
>better?

This is the first time I have tried the 64-bit build. I can try older ones.

>> A sample of the failure is running test 9 in debug. I get the
>> following, which seems to indicate a problem writing server.input. I'm
>> at a loss on this.
>
>server.input is written by the test server, so when it doesn't exist or is
blank it
>means the test server didn't receive any protocol bytes to write there.
This would
>indicate that curl failed before that point in time.
>
>> 9: protocol FAILED!
>> There was no content at all in the file log/server.input.
>> Server glitch? Total curl failure? Returned: 2011
>
>Returned: 2011 is at least a clue. This is from the test script's:
>
> https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/tests/runtests.pl#L4512
>
>I suspect that "$cmdres" gets the value to be > 2000 by a line before that:

Not sure this matters but errno range on platform is >4000

> https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/tests/runtests.pl#L4258
>
>... which would indicate that curl died with a SIGSEGV.
>
>If you rerun it with gdb it probably shows:
>
> $ ./runtests.pl -g 9

This gives me:

test 0009...[HTTP RFC1867-type formposting]
Can't exec "--directory": No such file or directory at ./runtests.pl line
624.

 9: protocol FAILED!

To debug, I have to run with "run -debug ...". It is still gdb under the
covers but getting there is harder. I have set the curl object to generate a
snapshot on abend, which is not happening. What is the actual command to
run?

>(and type 'run' to run it within gdb)
>
>If it indeed does hit a SIGSEGV inside gdb, a stack trace would give us a
lot of clues!

Thanks,
Randall