Re: curl-multi-socket interface too slow

From: Aleksandar Lazic via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:09:38 +0200

On Mon, 30 May 2022 13:39:15 +0300
Aleh Linkin via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hi, developers!
> I have application with libcurl uses simple multi interface and do 1500
> requests per second without any problems with about 35% CPU.
> I've decided to try curl_multi_socket interface because "it also offers a
> much more high-performance API that will make a significant difference for
> applications using large numbers of simultaneous connections."
> My application uses epoll so I've created code based on it and
> ephiperfifio. example.
> As a result my application can't handle 1500 requests per second and starts
> failing them with timeout. Moreover it uses much more CPU (50% on 1500 RPS).
> I guess that I do something wrong but can't find the problem.
> Could you help me, please?
>
> My code here: https://godbolt.org/z/Gb4Gn3jro

I have tried to compile it but got compile error.

```
# Compilation provided by Compiler Explorer at https://godbolt.org/
<Compilation failed>
# Compiler exited with result code 1
.
.
.
.
```

Please can you tell us which version is in use.

Maybe you can post the output of this line.

```
                csDebug(ERROR_LVL, "%s: curl_version_info() failed", __func__);
```

> Sincerely,
> Oleg

Regards