Re: Which PRs should we merge?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 23:20:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 May 2022, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> The CONTRIBUTING document should probably then include a small blurb on
> that, and also that the 5 votes is (valuable) feedback to the core team and
> not a guarantee of merging.

Sounds like a plan, yes. Documention and explaining the process is necessary
so that users and contributors know and understand what to expect.

> The main issue *I think* is exposure, how do we get those thumbs-up votes cast?

I have two thoughts on this:

1. Since the PR author probably wants it merged, there's an incentive for that
person to "pitch" their work to the curl community. Like maybe in a mail to
this list or whatever other means that feel suitable.

2. We could send an email to this list with some interval that collects the
currently pending "needs-votes" pull requests to drive people's attention to
them.