Re: Follow REUSE best practices for licensing/copyright

From: Daniel Gustafsson via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:44:03 +0200

> On 16 May 2022, at 17:00, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022, Max Mehl via curl-library wrote:

>> The REUSE team would be happy to propose a first pull request that showcases some possibilities of how REUSE could be applied, and how the file headers shall look like after all.
>
> Sure, but maybe you can start with a minimal adjustment and show us how you suggest we updated the generic copyright header before you go ahead and update thousands of files?

There is also the option of adding a .reuse/dep5 [0] file which then can cover
all the files not currently having a copyright stanza with multiple Files
patterns. This is a machine readable format [1] so scripts/copyright.pl could
even potentially generate it (or at least check it to catch omissions).

That would limit the impact of this to a single file IIUC.

--
Daniel Gustafsson		https://vmware.com/
[0] https://reuse.software/spec/#dep5