Re: I finally could build curl on Windows with SSL support - will you update the docs?

From: Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:27:11 +0000

> I finally could build curl with SSL support on Windows.

> First I tried linking against a fresh OpenSSL build, but I kept getting linker error, and eventually I found the way.

> In the CMAKE configuration step, all I had to do is check the CURL_USE_SCHANNEL option and bingo! It seems it is the > "Windows native SSL/TLS".

> Trying to link against SSL boderline made my head explode so... I think it should be documented that on Windows

>platforms, users should use CURL_USE_SCHANNE, or have CMAKE use this option by default.

Hmm.... I have no problems with that:

set PREFIX_DIR=D:/local/root

cmake -G "Ninja" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=%FLAVOUR% -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=%PREFIX_DIR% -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=%PREFIX_DIR% -DCMAKE_USE_OPENLDAP:BOOL=ON -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DUSE_WIN32_LDAP=OFF -DUSE_WINDOWS_SSPI=ON -DCMAKE_LDAP_LIB=%PREFIX_DIR%/lib/openldap.lib -DCMAKE_USE_OPENSSL=ON -DLIBSSH2_LIBRARY=%PREFIX_DIR%/lib/libssh2.lib -DLIBSSH2_INCLUDE_DIR=%PREFIX_DIR%/include -DUSE_NGHTTP2=ON ../curl-%VERSION%
cmake --build . --target install

But it may be because I tend to build things in order and I install everything into PREFIX_DIR. From the other hand searching for OpenLDAP on windows ALWAYS makes trouble, so I provide it directly.