Re: mail vs GitGub

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 09:53:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022, Drew DeVault wrote:

>> Sure it worked before, but we've come so much further now.
>
> Yes, because you have invested in these things on GitHub. You could have
> also invested in these things on email.

Very true. But the infrasystemwork was mostly done already by others on the
other (website) side so we didn't have to do a lot of work to get CI jobs and
stuff to work on GitHub. It was thus also going with the least resistance.
Going to where the devs are too.

From what I can tell, most developers these days frown upon email and prefer
to develop thing PR-style anyway so I've personally felt very little
motivation to work on adding fancy mailinglist-focused tools to support a way
of working that is slowly dying anyway.

> I'm going to abandon my patch, which was only to facilitate a temporary hack
> on my end anyway.

I'm sorry you take it this way.

I'm a pragmatic. If this change is good and meant to happen, then someone else
will make it so. Now or later.