CURLMOPT_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS

From: Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:09:46 +0000

Hi,

From the documentation, I can see that CURLMOPT_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS defaults to zero (unlimited).

From what I can see the number of connections to use to a single host has been severely debated in other forums,
and typically browsers is much more restrictive regarding the number of connections. It’s a bit difficult to
find definite numbers, but typically somewhere between 6 and 16.

Am I missing out something here? Or do I misunderstand something?
Is “unlimited” really a good default choice and will work safely with most servers?
(I /do/ see that in my use case it seems to max out to 64 connections, limited either by Curl or my use case.)

Regards,
Daniel

----

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Maxar, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

Maxar reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.