Re: Fewer mallocs is better, episode #47

From: Gisle Vanem via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:39:52 +0100

Henrik Holst wrote:

> strlen() is one clear candidate for some optimizations, often however it is declared as __attribute_pure__ so the

Another candidate for MSVC would be 'cl -Gr'.
(build for fastcalls internally). But that's not
possible now due to things like:
   cookie.c(1433): error C2440: 'function':
   cannot convert from 'int (__fastcall *)(const void *,const void *)'
   to '_CoreCrtNonSecureSearchSortCompareFunction'

It would be interesting to compare the speed of
a '__cdecl' vs '__fastcall' libcurl.dll.

--
--gv