RE: Make curl works as web proxy

From: tom via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 21:31:21 +0000

You'd be better off literally setting up a proxy on your server, through which all web traffic is redirected. Squid is good.CheersSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Rodrigo s via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> Date: 25/01/2022 20:22 (GMT+00:00) To: curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se Cc: Rodrigo s <rodrigozanattasilva_at_gmail.com> Subject: Make curl works as web proxy My school has a proxy that blocks some sites. If I try to access youtube.com, it will block.But, if I have my server running php and the server downloads this page, I can bypass the block. Obviously, youtube is complex. There are a lot of javascript and images. My question is: Is there a program that helps to make a page work? Can the curl bypass the proxy? What is the name of this kind of technology?In other words, this is how I think it works:In a normal website, my browser does:Get the pageThen read the link of every image and javascriptDownload this images and javascript and render in pageThere are more complex thing I will ignoreIn the php page, it will do:I type a URL.Curl will download the page and show in my browser (this is easy to do)Then, my browser will see the images and javascriptThe browser will make the request to download these images and javascriptSomehow, these requests will be sent to my server. It will download the necessary and the browser will render itIf I click in the link, the request will be send to my server that will download and show the pageI know there are other technologies that make it possible. But, only using php on another server, is it possible to do things like I want?