Re: Time measurement

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:46:12 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022, Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library wrote:

> I guess the basic question is “when is time zero for a curl easy handle”?

It stores the TIMER_STARTSINGLE time-stamp when it switches to the CONNECT
state for the handle (see https://everything.curl.dev/internals/statemachines)

> Another related question; when connecting using http/2.0 to a host (have
> only tried one), I get a lot of time spent in PreTransfer and (most often)
> very little time in Transfer. Is this the expected behavior?

I can't think of a reason why it should just because of HTTP/2, no.

> Or, is the amount of information that can be given, limited to using nghttp2
> somehow? (http/1 seems to work more like I expect.) Or maybe a server issue?

As you base your observations here on *one* server we can't know what it is
related to! I can't rule out that there's a flaw somewhere here, but I'm not
aware of any.