Re: What would make GitHub even better for us?

From: Dennis Clarke via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 12:55:28 -0400

On 10/26/21 03:06, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've created a git repository with suggestions I think GitHub could do,
> that would improve running and maintaining our project. It is browsable
> here:
>
>   https://bagder.github.io/github-feedback/
>
> I'm interested in help to enhance, correct and make each proposal better
> and similar related discussions - and even to add new ones if you have
> ideas. Either here, or in the discussions/issues etc in the
> github-feedback repo on github.
>
> My idea is to polish and work on the proposals a bit before I show them
> as real proposals to any GitHubber.

Avoid github and Microsoft entirely. Use a far more open resource such
as https://sourcehut.org/ which also provides build systems for a pile
of architectures https://man.sr.ht/builds.sr.ht/compatibility.md

Not sure why anyone would want to do open source work within github
given the singular corporate policy and vision that Microsoft has and
always will have.[1]

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC