Re: 100-continue deadlock

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 17:25:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021, Stephen Booth via curl-library wrote:

> I've had a problem where I get a deadlock when sending chunked data to a
> java application that has a long delay before sending the initial
> 100-continue back to curl. curl times out and starts sending the data before
> receiving the 100-continue but the application eventually tries to send the
> 100-continue and deadlocks.

From what I can tell and know, curl is following the suggested approach on how
to do 100-continue. I can't even think of another way to handle it. No matter
which timeout you use, there's always a risk for a race condition unless you
know exactly how the other end will act and can depend on it. This makes me
think that this sounds like a server-side bug.

Maybe for this case you could consider dropping the header completely?