Re: ssh error (-1/-9)

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:32:59 -0700

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 02:15:23PM +0200, Tiaan Wessels via curl-library wrote:
> I use libcurl to upload files to sftp server. I do not have access to the logs
> of this server. It works mostly but fairly often get 'Upload failed: ssh error
> (-1/-9)
> What do these error codes mean? Where can i get a list of them. By and large
> all codes i get for libcurl on the Internet is in the positive range.
> Thanks

Looking at the source code, these look like libssh2 errors as the message
implies. -1 is LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_NONE and -9 is LIBSSH2_ERROR_TIMEOUT. The
libssh2 documentation says:

  LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_NONE - The socket is invalid.

libssh2_session_set_timeout - set timeout for blocking functions
Set the timeout in milliseconds for how long a blocking the libssh2
function calls may wait until they consider the situation an error and return
LIBSSH2_ERROR_TIMEOUT.

The libssh2 documentation is at https://www.libssh2.org/docs.html and its error
codes are at https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2/blob/master/include/libssh2.h

Dan