ssh error (-1/-9)

From: Tiaan Wessels via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:15:23 +0200

I use libcurl to upload files to sftp server. I do not have access to the
logs of this server. It works mostly but fairly often get 'Upload failed:
ssh error (-1/-9)
What do these error codes mean? Where can i get a list of them. By and
large all codes i get for libcurl on the Internet is in the positive range.
Thanks