Re: QoS Level on MQTT

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:21:49 -0700

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 08:29:33PM -0400, Gealber Morales via curl-library wrote:
> My intention is to add this option, for the publishing, in a way like this:
>
> curl -d 95 -qos 2 mqtt://localhost:1883/curl/mqtt
>
> The new option would be -qos <level>,  in case of omission  zero would be the
> default value, like it is right now.

Ideally, any new option should keep in mind future use in other protocols as
well, e.g. setting the weight of an HTTP/2 stream. I don't know the best way
to do that, but it would be nice to avoid having to define a new, slightly
similar option in the future that does basically the same thing for another
protocol. Maybe simply defining the value as protocol-dependent is good enough.

Dan